This is sweet Kaigen...she and Atticus play together MWF at the gym and always have a blast together! Her mom is one of Atticus' teachers at the gym and has also become a friend of mine.
Atticus ran right into class, started playing with the other kids, and basically didn't even know I was gone (or didn't mind at least). It's a good feeling to know that he's ok playing with other kids and isn't nervous or shy. Meanwhile....I was taking care of some other very important business!!! Tomorrow is the first day of spring and so I was ready for my spring/summer hair :)
When I went back to pick up little man he was playing on the play ground with the other boys and girls waiting to be picked up...His teachers said he did fabulous (like we knew he would) and that he was a joy to have in their classroom :) Here is some of what he did today: They made trees for spring using their hand/arm print - they painted cherry blossoms on it and added green tissue paper leaves (Atticus said that was his favorite part!).
They learned about the letter Y and as you can see, he did a super job writing his letters! And yes, he has "homework" which I think is hilarious!! He came home with the letter Y stamped on his hand (a reminder throughout the day about what he learned) and he thought the stamp was very cool (guess I need to bust out the stamps I have stashed away :)
When we got in the car to go home the first thing he asked me was, "Are we going home?" I said yes and then asked him why....He said "I'm sooo tired from learning so much today! And indeed, we came home and he took a long nap! School definitely wore this kiddo out!!! Good thing, 'cause we started soccer tonight and he was going to need some energy (those pics to come soon!).





No comments:
Post a Comment