Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Mr. Man

Where has the time gone and how on earth did my 6 pound baby boy turn into this absolutely precious BIG BOY?!?!  Time, please slow down!!!  Here are a few fun facts about our healthy, independent, smart and incredibly sweet Atticus...gotta write 'em down before I forget and he's onto new things - photos in this post were taken in December, so I'm a little late getting them up, but here are a few of my favorites.
Atticus you weigh 33 pounds and are growing everyday!  Although we haven't been to the doctor recently to check your stats from the last visit, I'm fairly certain you are going through a growth spurt!!  You are hungry ALL THE TIME!!  You can eat two bowls of cereal for breakfast and in 30 minutes ask for something else!  Some of your 3T shirts are getting too short for your belly so we've had to buy a few 4T shirts.  You are definitely shaped like your dad...long and lean!
 Your favorite things to eat these days are carrots (you can devour more than a normal serving size of baby carrots!)...they are always on my grocery list!  You love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, broccoli (you call them truffula trees from The Lorax), Japanese fried rice, strawberry ice cream, pirate booty popcorn, macaroni and cheese, and granola (especially the homemade kind you help me make!!).
 You are a master at technology!  You can turn on and off my iPhone, you know how to manipulate the apps and find just the right game you want to play, you love your LeapPad and are learning to write your letters with it.  You know how to work the remote controls for the TV at home and if I ever need help with my computer, you're the first to offer a lending hand :)
 Some of the toys you enjoy playing with the most right now are your action figures (Spiderman and Woody from Toy Story are your #1 and #2 "go to" picks), you love anything wheels, especially race cars and monster trucks, you still play with your trains but not as much as before...you got a Switch 'N Go Dino for Christmas and you could sit and play with him all day long if I'd let you.
 You are an outdoor boy for sure!!  Any chance you get you want to be outside digging in the dirt, pushing your bulldozers around, collecting rocks, kicking or hitting the ball, and inspecting bugs!  You and I are both ready to say goodbye to the cold weather and welcome the sunny warmer days!
 You go to the gym with me everyday and have made a lot of new friends there.  You don't cry or fuss at all when I leave - you are quite the independent child and love to play and explore in new spaces.  You have so much fun in your class at church - when we pick you up you can tell us what you learned about and are so proud of the artwork/activity you made to go along with your lesson...and then you say "I'm hungry!"
 You sleep about 11 hours at night, usually from 9pm-8am.  You still take a nap during the day, but can go without one if necessary (but then bed time is around 7pm).  We're not ready to give them up completely but you are moving closer to letting it go.  You are kind hearted and are always concerned when you hear another child crying.  You have wonderful manners and always say please and thank you. You love music and love to dance and sing!  Your skills on the drum kit continue to amaze me! 
You are such a snuggler and you love to cuddle with your "lamby".  You are one of the funniest kids I know - you are a character and say some of the silliest things.  Your dad and I lay in bed at night and laugh at the things you come up with!  You are our sweetest boy and we love you SO much!  I am so proud to be your mom and thank God everyday for giving you to our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment