Thursday, October 27, 2011

Tents and Tacos

We've been laying low for the past week or so...Aaron and Atticus were both feeling yucky...I think Atticus lovingly gave his cough and runny nose to Aaron.  Luckily I never caught it...that would be bad.
Aaron's parents came to visit for a few days last weekend.  Atticus had so much fun playing with the tent they brought him.  Atticus kept his Grandpa pretty busy climbing in and out of the tent.  It was too cold to have it outside so it was in our living room...still fun!
I'm pretty sure he wore his Grandpa out, we all had to take turns in the tent so Grandpa could have a break!
Thanks for being such a good sport Grandpa!!
Fun times with Grandma, Grandpa, potato heads (we have a whole family of them now, including "spuds buds" the pets...), books, shadows, and Elmo. 
I LOVE Fresh Market... Do you have one close to you? You must go!   It's similar to Whole Foods, just on a smaller scale.  Anyways, we were there this weekend to pick up a few things and saw the most ginormous apples I've ever seen...we just had to have one or two.  They were Honeycrisp, which might be my new favorite apple of all time.  Atticus couldn't stop eating it.  Besides the fact that the apple is as big as his face, he was determined to eat every bite..and he did - and still asked for more!
We've been doing alot of coloring with crayons and markers lately (we're using the Crayola Color Wonder ones that only write on special paper so no mess!).  Atticus loves to color, he loves to put stickers on anything, and he loves the craft projects we've been doing.  I wanted a way to display his "masterpieces" without covering the refrigerator.  So...I hung a curtain rod (similar to the one in his room with actual curtains on it), added some rings with hooks on them and am using this as a way to hang his artwork in his room so he can look at it when he's playing.  I hung it above his changing table - it's kind of high, but this way he can't pull them down and I can use clothes pins to clip additional pieces to one another if there is not enough room to go across.  We've really enjoyed having a nice way to show off his artwork and an easy way to change out the pieces without having to poke holes in the walls or peel tape off of anything... 
We have tacos almost every week...we just love 'em, all three of us!
I'm one of those people who like to find multiple uses for things - makes me feel like I got a really good deal on something if I can use it in more than one way.   Most people have a mini-muffin pan (if not, I can hook you up!).  Turn your mini-muffin pan over and use it to stand up your taco shells while they bake in the oven and when you fill them with your favorite toppings!  We're pretty traditional when it comes to tacos - ground turkey, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, and sour cream...they only thing a little different that Aaron adds is Catalina dressing...anybody else put unusual toppings on your tacos??

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm stopping by from SUYL.

    Atticus is just precious! I love his eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I stopped by from Kelly's Korner (I'm your newest follower!)I love your blog! You have a beautiful family and your son is such a cutie :)

    PS--I LOVE the idea you shared with the muffin pan holding the taco shells! I had never heard of it before. Super cool!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete