
I love the poem that compares Christians and pumpkins - I used to share it with my Sunday School kids this time of year.

When we were carving our own pumpkin this weekend it naturally came to mind. If you haven't heard it, take a quick minute and read below :)

Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin. God lifts you up, takes you in, and washes all the dirt off of you. He opens you up, touches you deep inside and scoops out all the yucky stuff-- including the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc. Then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside you to shine for all the world to see.
I made a chicken pot pie tonight for the first time...Even Sandra Lee would probably have approved of this semi-homemade version - I used puff pastry for the crust bought a rotisserie chicken from the deli, but the rest of the filling was made from scratch. It was AWESOME. Atticus ate a big bowl (and asked for MORE!), I had a hefty bowlful myself, and Aaron finished it off...no leftovers! I totally didn't see that coming. This will be on the "Aaron Approved" list and we'll be making it again soon, I'm sure.
The weather tonight was perfect, cold, but not too cold...that could only mean one thing! Time for S'mores!! We loaded the fit pit up with wood, bundled up with blankets, and had some really sweet family time around the fire.
And yes, I'm wearing a Clemson hat - I've decided to be a fan, everyday of the year, except the day they play my Noles (they'll always be #1 in my heart!). I lived in Arkansas for four years and NEVER became a Razorback fan, but it only took me four months in South Carolina to become a Clemson fan...what does that mean?
This was Atticus' first experience eating a S'more - he thought it was finger licking good!
Aaron thought they were pretty good too...I think he might have also needed a bib :)
We're ready for Halloween tomorrow - - can't wait to see Atticus in his costume!!!





I came over from Kelly's Korner and would love to hear more (if you want to share:) about your "one and done" title on Kelly's Korner.
ReplyDeleteWe are feeling the same way, but I don't know anyone else who feels that way/has made that decision, so it is wonderful to find some people who do:)