Friday, September 2, 2011

This and That

Atticus has been waking up in the middle of the night for about a week now, but last night he slept through the whole night and is still sleeping at 8am so I'm going to take advantage of this little block of time and sit down and try to upload some pictures from the past week or so to catch you up.
Atticus is growing like a weed (which I think is partly if not totally related to his interrupted sleep this week).  Every time I look at him he looks older to me.  I need cooler weather to get here fast because we're about out of summer clothes for him to wear.  Most of his shirts are too short - he looks like he's showing off his belly, and his shorts are starting to cut off his circulation...just kidding, they're not that tight yet, but they used to go down to his knee and now they are about mid-thigh.... Come on cooler weather! 

I went through his closet this week and organized what he couldn't wear anymore (saving it for a friend) and washed all his new fall/2T pajamas and outfits.  While I was in my organizing mode I also went through his toys and pulled out his "baby" toys that he doesn't really play with anymore and stashed them away (for a friend) so now he's got more space in his room which is nice.

This was Aaron's first full week of classes - he seems to think it's going to be a good year.  It's always hard to be the new kid on the block when you're coming from a place where you were so well known and your students already think you're the best :)  But as one of my friends (and Aaron's previous admin assistant at Hendrix) said, "it won't take his students long to realize how lucky they are!"  I agree Cheryl!  This is a picture of his office at school - at least one wall of his office...
Aaron is teaching three classes this semester, all back to back on MWF, and even though that makes for a long day, he says it's worth it to not have classes on T/TH and so he can play "noon-ball"...a faculty basketball game that's been going on for 30 years...He loves it!

As for me, I'm staying busy chasing a toddler while continuing to build my Pampered Chef business here in SC.  Change is never easy, but I have found that moving my business here compared to moving it to Conway four years ago has been MUCH easier!!  I feel blessed with how full my show calendar has been just in the short three months we've been here.  Having old friends like Evie and Jessica host my first few shows for me really helped kick start things here, and for that I am truly thankful.  I loved my job in the corporate world, but since having Atticus it's hard to imagine going back to that (at least until he's a little older).  This business allows me to stay home with him during these important years while still contributing to our family income.  It really is a blessing to our family.  If you, or someone you know, could use extra income with a flexible schedule, I'd love to share more, just ask me!

I'm a day late (on the blog), but I want to give a special Happy Birthday shout out to my beautiful mother!!!  She is the bestest friend I could ever ask for!  Love you! (this picture was one year ago...look how much hair Atticus has gotten!).
I'm in birthday party planning mode...Atticus' party isn't until the end of the month, but if you know me, I'm kind of a planner :)  I've been gathering all kinds of fun props to "set the mood" for his party theme.  We're having it at a local park this year (instead of at the house)...as Atticus and his buddies are getting older I foresee them getting bored in the backyard, so we're making sure there is lots to do by having it at a great park nearby.  The only drawback is that I have to work with what they've got at the pavilion, which consists of four picnic tables....Therefore, I've been painting some life size murals to decorate so the ugly grey concrete walls are covered up :)  Yesterday I painted a barn and some cactus plants...anyone want to guess what the theme is this year??  I think it's all going to come together and be super cute and lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment