Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day & The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

 
 We had an enjoyable weekend...how about you??
  On Saturday we went to an apple orchard in North Carolina, just about 30 minutes north of us. Atticus loved playing in the play area, feeding the farm animals, and of course, picking apples! 

We came home with 24 pounds of apples!  A mixture of Granny Smith, Cortland, Macintosh, and Gala.  

We've eaten our share of apples over the past few days, but I also have a specific purpose for the apples so this was a much better deal than going to the grocery store and buying that many.  So, what am I going to do with them??  Haha, not telling yet.  It's part of Atticus' birthday party.

Saturday afternoon we watched the first Florida State Football game of the season...the most wonderful time of the year!!  haha, I absolutely LOVE college football, it makes me so happy!  We watched the game at home with Omar & Nicole (and Maya and Isaac) who are also huge FSU fans!  It was a great game and I can't wait for the rest of the season, I have really high hopes this year that we could go all the way!!  Go NOLES!!

We spent Sunday with some of our new friends at a Labor Day picnic.  We went over to their house and hung out in the front yard with a few other families.  Doesn't Atticus look so big in this picture???

It was great because everyone has small kiddos and so they were able to keep each other company and play for hours without getting bored.  Meanwhile, the adults chowed down on some yummy food! 

I made corn dip and a fruit salad, and we also had pasta salad, hummus and chips, cheesy potato casserole, hotdogs, hamburgers, brats, and chips.  Don't worry, we eventually let the kids eat too!
Monday was my birthday...THIRTY FOUR!  How can I be that old?  I don't feel that old (at least not on most days).   We went to a new local place for lunch (Mojo's) and had the best burger I've ever had...seriously!  I got a turkey burger piled high with sauteed onions and mushrooms, Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, and their secret sauce...Needless to say we enjoyed our lunch!!!
While Aaron ate his burger like a barbarian, I ate mine with a fork and knife, like any mature 34 year old would do...haha!  It was just way to huge to try and pick up and eat! 
They were forecasting 6-12 inches of rain that afternoon so we ran around town early in the day and planned on having a quiet, rainy, birthday at home that night...We barely got any rain at all!! No biggie though, we had a lovely night at home as a family.

Aaron made a delicious dinner and I played with my NEW CAMERA!!!!  Yay, I've had my eye on this camera for years and am SO excited that I finally got it!  I'm hoping to take a photography class through Furman to learn all the functions of the camera and really maximize the capabilities of the camera.  Can't wait to take some more pictures!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment