Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy New Year!

I can't believe it's 2015!  Crazy!  
I'm not a big resolution kind of person, but I am going to try and be more intentional with my time - how I spend it and with whom.  I want to live on purpose. It's always my goal to know Jesus more and to be a better wife and mother so I'm just going to walk daily in that and hope that I make this year count. 
 I love any chance I get to see my college roommates.  Those are some of the best memories I have and when we get together almost 20 years later it seems like no time has passed at all.  I treasure their friendship and am so thankful our paths crossed on the Lee campus.
Amy was passing through town with her family and so Jess and I met up with her for a quick bite...lots of laughs as always and our kids enjoyed hanging out as well!  

Atticus started back to school this week.  I have to admit, I was really happy to get back into our normal routine....and so was Atticus...especially when we told him that he would be going to school four days a week now instead of just three.  He has been asking for months if he could go on Mondays as well...we decided it would be a good fit for our family and this was the face he made when we told him :) I love that he loves school!
I'm all about keeping dinner simple yet delicious...If that's you, then you've got to try this delicious roasted cabbage and cauliflower!   Just slice the cabbage into 1 inch thick rounds and rub them with fresh garlic.  Then drizzle with a little olive oil and add some salt and pepper.... Roast for one hour at 400 degrees (flip half way through).  I did the same thing for the cauliflower florets....DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment