{Disclaimer: I wrote this post and then went to save it and for some reason it timed out and I lost the whole thing...after I cried, I uploaded all the pics again but was too frustrated to write much, plus, it's 11:30 at night and I'm ready for bed!}
Well....it's been a few weeks since I've been on here...you'd think now that Atticus is in school three days a week I'd have more time to sit and update the blog, ha!
Waiting to pick Atticus up from school on the first day felt like the longest four hours of my life....now that we're at week two, those four hours seem like they go by sooo fast, and by the time I've dropped him off and hit the gym, it's time to go pick him up again. Not complaining. There is definitely a learning curve figuring out how to best utilize those precious hours.
He is LOVING school even more than I thought he would...On our 12 minute drive to school we sing songs, make guesses about what activities he'll do that day, review the rules, and say a prayer. He goes right in and says "Bye mom, see ya later"...
When I pick him up he runs over to me and gives me a big hug - it warms my heart to know he loves school but he also loves to see me at the end of the day. He leads me by the hand over to his cubby where we pick up his artwork from the day and his empty lunch box. The drive home is spent listening to him tell me what Caroline had for lunch, why Cohen had to sit in time out, again, and a mini concert of what new songs he learned that day. I love that he loves making new friends and discovering new things.
I turned 36 earlier this month - I guess technically I'm still in my mid-thirties, but there's no denying I'm closer to 40 now than to 30...gulp! I had a lovely birthday - Aaron and Atticus picked out some sweet new kicks for my feet (they know me well) and we also enjoyed a lovely dinner together at one of our favorite places in town.
I love football season. Let me clarify, I love COLLEGE football season. Never been a NFL fan. Furman had their first home game this. We tailgated with some friends and cheered on the Paladins as they clenched a W in the final 10 seconds of the game!
At half time the boys (Atticus, Percy and JT) had a snack break - they have a blast together! They actually only "watch" the game for about 15 minutes and then they want to do something else :)
After the game, we headed home for a quick wardrobe change and joined some fellow FSU fans for dinner and the big game! Luckily it wasn't nearly as close as the Furman game...62-7 Blowout! Atticus and Augustine sportin' their Seminole gear :)
Isn't she a doll??
Isn't she a doll??
A couple crafty things I've done recently that I thought I'd share: I am experimenting with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and Wax. I took a class with my friend Angela and we painted barstools as our practice piece. Love the way they turned out and learned a ton...Now I'm addicted and keep walking through my house looking for things to paint :) I have a few things on my list and will also be checking out some local yard sales for those unique pieces!
I painted this set of three turquoise candlesticks. They were black and I had them on a bookshelf in my living room, but really like how they turned out and think they're a nice addition in my bathroom. The paint is really easy to work and very forgiving - then you add the wax and it takes the piece to a totally new level of cool! Hard to see in this pic, but will be sure to take some up close of the other pieces I'm working on as I finish them.
This was a step stool that we had in my house growing up... I painted it with Annie Sloan Arles and used her Dark Wax on it... ok...what else can I find?? Ha!
Another project that has been on my list since I first saw something similar online for over $100 is a burlap wreath. I gathered the materials and made one for our front door for less than $30 :) Happy Fall!
Another project that has been on my list since I first saw something similar online for over $100 is a burlap wreath. I gathered the materials and made one for our front door for less than $30 :) Happy Fall!
And to wrap things up, a picture of the most precious little boy in the world.
He has stolen my heart.
He is my "Joy Boy".














No comments:
Post a Comment