I've never really been big into Valentines' Day...it's worked out well because neither has Aaron. I'd much rather him do the dishes or take care of bath time then buy me roses on February 14th. He shows me he loves me 365 days a year, we don't need a specific day to celebrate. With that being said, I still like to do a little something for him on V-day and so this year I decided that I wanted to celebrate a happy, healthy HEART so instead of chocolate and candy this is what my hot hubby is getting :) Since we drastically changed our eating lifestyle 5 months ago, I thought it was only fitting that we continue to feed our bodies pure, whole foods that will LOVE our bodies back!
As for the other heart-throb in my life....aka, Atticus, he helped me design and pick out the valentines for his "class". He doesn't go to school yet, but he does go to our gym everyday of the week and has several buddies and "girl friends" that he gets to play with everyday and so we wanted to bring them a little something....
We also made this special valentine together for daddy...It was pretty fun painting the bottom of Atticus' feet...he was cracking up laughing because the paintbrush tickled so much. Aaron loved it and took it to his office :)
We had a very casual dinner out together as a family on V-Day...Atticus has gotten so much better when we go out to eat at restaurants, he's not nearly as wild and we can usually enjoy our dinner :)
We also made a trip to Barnes & Noble and it doesn't get any cooler than walking into the store and seeing Aaron's book on display....so proud of him and how hard he works!!! Way to go Dad!
Here's a sneak peak at my nightstand...I feel like there is a theme with what I'm currently reading and very fitting for the month of February: Stories of love and heartache, thankful and grateful hearts, molding and shaping the hearts and minds of our children, and feeding our bodies heart healthy foods that will nourish and heal. I HIGHLY recommend all of them!!
I also thought I'd share this proud mom moment... When I picked Atticus up from his FitKids class at the gym this week the teacher shared with me a sweet story from the day: Another little boy had fallen down and bumped his knee and started crying - Atticus quickly went over to him, put his arms around him and said "it's ok buddy, don't cry" and then kissed him on the knee. It's so neat to see that he is learning compassion for others and has a loving spirit.






No comments:
Post a Comment