Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Decorations

I'm linking up with lots of other bloggers over at Kelly's Korner for her Tour of Christmas Homes... I love decorating for Christmas as well as seeing all the different ways other people decorate, getting lots of new ideas for years to come!  

Welcome to our Home!
-front porch-
 Inside of front door
Christmas Tree (daytime)
I don't actually have a lot of ornaments on my tree...I have a few to fill in small holes, but most of what's on my tree is various types of garland, mesh, burlap, grapevine...and lots of lights!
Our star on top is knitted...reminds me of a cozy sweater!
Brown paper packages tied up with string...these are a few of my favorite things!
Christmas Tree (night time)
Living Room Mantel 
Stockings up close...gotta love Pottery Barn!
Jars filled with beads and ornaments!!
 
Simple white candles wrapped with a piece of scrapbook paper!
 Bookshelf
Fun Subway Art and Christmas Balls
 This picture was from Atticus' first Christmas (he was 3 months old) and we made this plate with his sweet little footprint :)  Love it!!
 I made this Advent Calendar last year and I've broken the story of Christ's birth into 25 scriptures and have each one inside the appropriate numbered box.
 BELIEVE!!  I love this wooden sign with the classic pictures of Santa
 Pictures of Atticus with Santa from years past!
 I love getting Christmas cards in the mail!!  I have a chalkboard that is hung near my kitchen and dining area and I've written a scripture on it as a reminder of the true meaning of the season... I am displaying the Christmas cards we get on it.
 Up close!!
 Back door
 Chandelier in Dining Room
 Manger
 This is the tree in Atticus' room...it's decorated with all of his little tiny stuffed animals and topped with none other than Sock Monkey!
 These are a set of three small skinny trees in the playroom...they are decorated with ornaments that I made as a child and some that Atticus and I have made this year, including a fun colorful garland that he helped create!
Atticus also painted a super cute sparkly snowflake that is hanging in his playroom....he was so excited to make it (FYI, in case you're interested in making one, we just made a snowflake design with masking tape on a blank white canvas and then he painted a few different shades of blue all over it....then when it dried we peeled off the masking tape and added some sparkle paint)!
It's not really a decoration, but after last Christmas I took all the Christmas books I had and bought a few others on clearance until I had 25 and wrapped them each individually.  Every night in December, Atticus has opened a new book to read before bed...it's been so fun unwrapping a new Christmas book each night! (it's almost time to wrap them all back up again for next year!)
 Merry Christmas from our family to yours!!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love your red and bright green color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks fabulous!! I'm so impressed with how great your tree looks with barely any ornaments and just the mesh, garland, etc. Such a neat idea! And that huge red star is awesome.

    ReplyDelete